Saturday, August 21, 2010

What an I say to convince my parents to let me get a nose job?

I am a 13 year old girl, and im turning 14 this summer. Ever since i can remember, ive hated my nose. Everytime I try to talk about it with my parents, they say im beautiful and i look fine. Help!What an I say to convince my parents to let me get a nose job?
I'm sure you're beautiful just the way you are. There is no reason for you to be getting any sort of plastic surgery at your age - or ever, for that matter. There is nothing wrong with the way you look now. The sooner you can learn to accept and love your body, the sooner your life will grow fuller and happier.





How about, instead of focusing on what you look like on the outside, focus on who you are on the inside? The more kind and confident you are as a person, the better you and others will feel about you.What an I say to convince my parents to let me get a nose job?
I know this isn't really what you want to hear, but you aren't old enough to make that big of a decision that involves permenantly changing your physical appearance. You think you are because ';ever since you could remember'; you've wanted this, but what you want when you are a kid and what you want as an adult are 99% of the time two different things. If I made all the permenant decisions I *wanted* to make at 14... heck, even 18... my life would be a mess right now.





I hated my nose my hold childhood and teenage years too. It was big, and I always got teased for it at school. I was convinced that if I had a nose job, all my problems would be fixed. My parents didn't let me get a nose job. Now, I'm in my 20's, and my face has sort of grown into my nose [[if that makes sense]] and it looks normal. Is it my favorite part of my body? No. But it doesn't drive me crazy either. Everybody has their flaws, and true happiness comes when you accept them and don't let them run your life and ruin your self esteem.





Also keep in mind the financial burden on your parent's behalf if you were to do this. Nose jobs and any cosmetic surgery is expensive and it is NOT covered by health insurance. Our economy is in a depression and everyone is struggling... whether you see it or not.





One more thing to think about: Doctors are not perfect. They screw up all the time. What if you picked this highly qualified and experienced doctor that you were confident in, had the surgery and recovered... and now your nose doesn't look like you wanted to at all. It looks worse than it did before. What now? This surgery is irreversable. Also, since you are so young and not done growing yet, your nose may gradually look worse over time as you grow because of the surgery before you were physically mature.





It seems like a big deal now, but as you get older you really will realize that your parents are pretty much always right. I'm telling you that because nothing my parents did or said to me as a teenager made any sense then... and now that I am out in the real world as an adult, everything they did makes perfect sense to me now.
Never get a Nose job so young. Your Nose has not even finished growing yet. It will seriously mess up its shape forever. Don't forget that Nose reversal surgery is very rare because once a Nose job is done, there isn't a way to repair it if it goes horribly wrong.





You are soooo lucky your Parents tell you how beautiful you are. That is all that will matter when you grow up and will give you confidence when you have to face the real world.





You should be more concerned with learning about the wonderful world that we live in.
Don't do it. Different shaped noses are beautiful and give character to the face. Fake noses...simply look fake...boring...unattractive. If I were you I would save the money needed for a nose job and give it to charity...Some young people your age live in extreme poverty, starvation, forced in to child prostitution,are refugees, or have had their limbs blown off by land mines! Puts it in to perspective doesn't it? How much would these young people care about their noses? On the grand scale of life your nose does not matter but may be for the cost of a nose job you could save a few lives...
Your parents are right. There is no way in hell a sane, loving parent would let their child do something so stupid to their body. Besides, nose jobs are dangerous and you haven't stopped growing yet. When you turn 18 and still want one, you get the money to get it done.





BTW, I hated my nose and was even made fun of about it (too nasty to say) even by people with bigger noses than me! Well I soon got over it because each and every person who said that, never had a bf or gf and guys were asking me out.
Wait till your 18 honey then you can do whatever you want.
Tell them that Michael Jackson has a lot of fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment