Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How much is considered too much for parent's annual salary for FAFSA to deny one's application?

I want to apply for FAFSA for this fall however I have heard that I may not be eligible or I may not receive sufficient funds. My mother is the only working parent and she makes around $60,000 - $79,000 a year (she is an RN). She provides for my father and I (I am an only child). Is her salary considered too much to receive funds from FAFSA? If so, what is the limit?How much is considered too much for parent's annual salary for FAFSA to deny one's application?
There is no set income level. There are many many other factors that go into calculating your EFC. Also, FAFSA doesn't completely deny anyone. Everyone qualifies for a federal stafford unsubsidized loan. You will need to fill out the FAFSA to figure out what you qualify for.How much is considered too much for parent's annual salary for FAFSA to deny one's application?
First off, FAFSA does not deny applications, they just do not give out federal funds. No matter how much our parents make, you need to fill out the FAFSA because you may be eligible for institutional aide. My parents (combined) makes slightly more than your mother, and I did not qualify for federal aide, however, because I am attending an expensive school, I am getting a lot of aide from that school.

No comments:

Post a Comment