Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can I convince my extreamly traditional parents to allow to get contacts?

My parents are extremely traditional. They think that wearing glasses are bad for your eyes, and contacts are even worse.





But I really want contacts especially so I can see without them say how bad I look with glasses.





They rarely ever listen to any ';western ideals'; and prefer ancient Chinese views on everything.





But I need new glasses/(contacts hopefully) now so any advice will be helpfulHow can I convince my extreamly traditional parents to allow to get contacts?
Considering your chinese, the majority of the chinese population are moderate to highly myopic (short sighted), Wearing glasses is not bad... its simply an optical correction, contact lenses do have a small risk of infection asscoaited with it, but taking precautionary methods drastically minimises the risks.





Even if you do wear contact lenses, you always need a pair of glasses because you cannot wear lenses 24/7. Most people wear glasses at home and contact lenses for when their out and about (so ur parents dont even need to know about it!!! - although i would not suggest this).





Y not try contact lenses, they do have risks associated with them, you have to make sure you are hygienic ie always wash ur hands, disinfect the lenses every night (if required)....





... i would suggest go trail sum daily disposable lenses... advantages are u dont need solution etc ... try first using them out of the house e.g. at school, sports etc.... see whether you can wear it firstly on a part time basis





As far as the convincing your parents.... thats up2 u!

No comments:

Post a Comment