Saturday, August 21, 2010

How to get the support from my parents and friends?

I am 14 and have been a vegaterian for about a week now. At the beginning of my choice my parents said it was just a phase I was going through. They still don't think that I'm commited to my choice and do not think I will last being a vegaterian.


My friends don't belive in me either. They think that my choice is silly and pointless.


I really would like to have the support from all of them and hate the negative energy. What can I say to get them to support my choice?How to get the support from my parents and friends?
Sometimes there is nothing you can say or do to get them to support your choice.





Although it may be hard, if you are really serious about becoming a vegetarian, you need to take their negative feedback and use it to propel yourself forward, by proving to them that you can do it and that it is something important to you.





All I can say is you have my support.How to get the support from my parents and friends?
The best thing to do is to deal with it for now, but hold to your vegetarianism and pretty soon they'll understand that you're committed to it. When I first became vegetarian many years ago, I experienced the same things from my friends and family. Everyone expected that it was just a phase. Now, six years later, I am vegan and everyone understands that this is something I'm serious about. Also, because of how committed I was to it, they began to realize that maybe there was some good reason behind my vegetarianism and they started to ask questions and actually listen to my answers and, eventually, I managed to convert many of them to vegetarianism too!





Just remember: always be respectful. People may be mean to you about it, but if you always give them a polite, respectful answer to their rude questions then they'll feel bad for being mean to you. Just hold your head high and be true to your convictions!
The same thing happened to me. I showed them wrong, though. :) After being a vegetarian for a month, my parents reluctantly accepted it, even though they still don't understand why. My friends still tease me occasionally, but they keep quiet about it most of the time. If they are really your friends, they will understand eventually. Congratulations on the wonderful choice, by the way!
Stick to it, its the best choice you can make, not being rude but people that are ignorant to the effects of eating meat are going to react like that. I myself read tons of veggie books, so I have ammo for anyone wanting to ? the diet. Your choice is not silly or pointless at all your making a bigger better impact on the earth, life and your health than you can possibly realize. Be strong and good luck to you
Just stay focused and be strong. I became vegetarian in 1998 and I'm still going strong. You can do it - maybe these sites will help you:





whyveg.com


chooseveg.com


tryveg.com


vegstarterpack.com





Check these out and share some information with your friends/family. Also see this recent story:





http://www.nypost.com/seven/05082009/new鈥?/a>





Good Luck!
I'm in the same situation.





Show them your really serious by going Vegan!! :]
Show them by doing it for as long as u can and make a like creepy like chant or something

No comments:

Post a Comment