Saturday, August 21, 2010

How and when should i tell my parents im gay?

Ive finally admitted to myself that i am gay and it feels great. I havent told anyone about it yet and id feel better if everyone i was close to knew from the beginning. Im only 17 and i wonder if i should wait until im older. Does anyone else have any tips on when i should come out?How and when should i tell my parents im gay?
I would suggest you think first... Why do you feel a 'need' to tell anyone... Ones sexual orientation is their own personal private business. If I were you I would put myself into my studies, complete college, find a job and my own place and then live my own life. If you haven't found 'someone' important to you by the time you've completed college, your family and friends will discover soon enough which gender you prefer from the people you date... I would just encourage you to be 'open' about whom you are dating...How and when should i tell my parents im gay?
its best to tell your parents straight out. i know thats easier said than done but it'll probably save you some trouble later on.


hope it helped, and good luck.

Report Abuse



ur a ******* ****** thats disgusting y do people even chose to like the same sex thats ****** gross do u think ur like hot? do u like urself cuz thats gross man.

Report Abuse



anthony b is like a mini me =P

Report Abuse



anthony b and markus m are both fugly whores and i think you should just be honest with them becuz they wouldn't like you to keep stuff from them follow your heart Don ICH LIEBE DICH!!! oxoxo

Report Abuse



First, you have to decide if you want to tell them: Some people feel that they absolutely have to be honest to their parents and tell them to feel ok, others just simply don't care about their parents not knowing.





If you do feel the urge of telling them, do so, if not, just don't and wait until you feel like doing it. There's no one urging you, so just take your time.





VERY IMPORTANT: Sometimes parents react rather negatively, and whether you think yours will do so or not, you should have some very close friend, who knows about your homosexuality, and who can talk to you and comfort you if your parents react in a negative way. Always have some reassurance! It'd be rather hard if they didn't accept it and you were left without anybody to talk to!





I'm 17 years old, too, and bisexual, but I told my parents at the age of 12 that I was gay (because I did know that I felt attracted by men but didn't realize that it was the same for women), and I got a rather violent reaction by them, so if ever you wanted to talk to someone or ask further questions, just ask me, I'll be glad to help you, mate.
Hi,





Do it only when you feel ready. I know that is probably not the answer you were looking for, but its the correct answer. No one is going to be able to tell you when to do it, except yourself :)





Just remember that you will feel a lot better once it is all over with. Coming out (even more so to parents) is going to be one of the hardest things for you to do, but remember that it turns out good a lot of the time.





Most parents already know if, or if not, their child is gay/bi. So their reaction is usually like: ';its about time';, ';glad you are finally telling people';, ';i always knew';.... or something like that. haha





So just do only when you feel good and cumfy about doing so. Just remember that once you tell your parents, is like 200lbs lifting off of your back, and then you can live as you!





Best of luck,


Tyler
lol this question sounds like one i thought of a few months ago :D


i was in the same situation (im 17 to lol)!


in my opinion its hardest to come out to your parents at 17 because most people live with them and if they take it the wrong way then tings can go horribly wrong...


what im doing is ive told my closest friends about my sexuality and i was really glad that they accepted me. I also made myself a promise to tell the truth when ever someone asks me if im gay (apart from my parents for now anyway). Every time i come close to telling my mom i get rly nervous and walk away, so ive decided to wait till im in uni and have a bf to tell her. tho i occasionally throw a small hint her way to give her an idea so she wont be shocked when i tell her.





well that's what im doing, i hope it gives you another option to think about... basically getting good support before telling them and also the possibility of moving out before u tell them so they have plenty of space to deal with it if they don't like it.





that's the how but the when is when your most comfortable and they are to.
First off congratulations on your honesty with yourself!





Unfortunately, there is not 'one formula' for coming out of the closet. ( lol- wouldn't it be so much easier if there were a 'handbook') lol





There are several variables to consider:





It all depends on your comfort level of communicating with your parents and others,


Your parents potential reaction, and your readiness to accept their response in either direction: discouragement, or support.





When you feel that you can say it ';I am gay';, and mean it, without being swayed or shamed or guilty....


then is normally the time.





Best to you.
Sit them down and tell them that what you are about to tell them will change your lives. Say that you are sure about this, and do not want them to judge you. You'll be the same old you. Then, tell them you are gay. They're your parents, and they will understand. I know that you'll get through this and go on with your life - it won't be the same- probably better! Best of LucK!
there will be a right time that only you can tell if its right when ever it feels more comfortable


if you wanted to try you could sit your parents down and start talking to them about it some parents may not quite register it at first but give them time to get used to it
look just be care full if you know ur family is really against it then just wait for me personal my family found out and refused to help pay for college and i got practically exiled... find out how they feel about it if they are not so hot on it wait till you are not longer financially dependent
You should tell your parents when you are ready for their reaction. And when you are comfortable enough to do so. They are your parents, you know their values and ideology. You pretty much know how they are going to react. And just for the record they probably already know! good luck!
Hi, Yes im Chris Crocker and i would like to know ur age and sex! I would like to get together with u sometime because my brother is getting kind of old his lips are just not good enough for me! U seem perfecto! Look me up on youtube at chriscrocker i made a video just for u! If u want to get together please bring some k1 jelly to my house! i live at 500 north main st in the united kingdom in a town called britian!








Its Chrissy Bit ch
it depends on what kind of relationship you have with your parents i told mine when i was 15 they said they always had a feeling and know we have a better relationship i was glad i told them.
maybe you could get a friend that your comfortable in telling your gay then the two of you could tell your parents. it might make you feel more confortable. or you could wait untill your older. it's your choice to make!
because it took some time for u to admit it, then u should wait a bit untiles u are full ready and can take the circumstances.
Only when you feel absolutely ready for it. Don't be pressured into it.
your a teenager still... if your sure you gay then tell them wen your ready! if your still unsure leave it for hold! don't stress they'll understand either way (:
the sooner the better





like marco from degrassi? (i like marco hes cute too bad hes gay in the movie lol )
i was 17 when i came out feb this year. its the best thing av ever done
send them an e-mail

No comments:

Post a Comment