Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do you think some guys and parents would react if their girls want to learn martial arts?

I'm sure there are some guys who support it, and some others won't.


Is it true that the ones who do not have misgivings about their girl taking a martial art?How do you think some guys and parents would react if their girls want to learn martial arts?
i think it's great for any kid to learn martial arts. as i was taught, the physical part of the training is important, but is second to the mental discipline that is taught. of course, for a girl, martial arts can give the effective defensive tecniques to help fend off an attacker who may be larger %26amp; stonger. but more importantly martial arts can teach the sort of discipline that can be used to help with many aspects of a persons life,, being able to cope with stress, success, failure, anger, determination to finish what you start etc. people who have learned mental discipline seem in general to be more successful in life. but make sure to interview the instructor %26amp; check the premises, if the instructor is all about how to hurt somebody, win at all costs %26amp; just teaches the movements then look elsewhere. there are many types of arts but for a young girl i would start her off on judo, then progress to perhaps karate then maybe tai kwon do or perhaps go shu kai. remember , discipline is the most important factor, even more so for the advanced, what you might call ';deadly'; artsHow do you think some guys and parents would react if their girls want to learn martial arts?
I'm not a parent, but I have many nieces all of whom are/have trained in various Arts. Not only would I support their choice. I'd also encourage them to do so. Of course, I personally think everyone should train in MA. I think violence in general would significantly be reduced in our society if everyone did study the Arts of self defense.
I dont know...I took up martial arts and the guys love it. They love how I can catch them off guard when we are play fighting and they like my body. They also like how diciplined it made me...I can be a part of a patient relationship with little anger. They also like how I'm not completely hopeless...Martial arts teaches you to take care of yourself and troubleshoot. I can figure somethings out on my own before I ask for help and I can whoop some a$$ before I have to drag my boyfriend into my fights. My momma put me in it so I guess she approved of it too.
Well My girl will definately be taught Martial arts if not only to have self confidence and exercise but also to take over my dojang or start another and pass on our family training and values to less fortunate childeren who didnt have fathers to train them. Same for her same for is the same for her 2 older brothers
My parents were against it so I did not get into martial arts until later in life.


As for the guys, a lot of them have a problem with a girl learning martial arts even though they will not admit to it and if you think girls get fair treatment in the martial arts, the truth is 99% of the time they do not.
secure guys would be all for it.





insecure guys would tell her its a waste of time, money and she should find something more 'useful' to do.





parents probably would support it if it didnt interfere w/ her duties around the house or studies (if she's a minor) and didnt cost too much.
oh girl i took tae kwon do !! ahahah i'm tiny and 5'4';. i did it until i got my yellow belt with green tip. i stopped a few years ago when i was like 11 or 12. pahahah thats hilarious now that i think about it. i broke two boards lol. my parents thought that it was good for me to learn to defend myself :)
i would totally support it if my daughter wanted to take martial arts, its a way of protecting herself. the only reason that i can think of if a guy doesnt support it is because they dont want you to be able to kick their @$$ if they try anything with you. lol
I would say no, because I have three kids, two boys, one girl and all are active in Martial Arts. I felt that it not only teaches self defense but also self control/respect. Anyone, regardless of sex would benefit.
probably because it's our pride as men to defend our women. you see if a bf got in a fight with an ex-bf and lost. but his gf beat the ex well that just sad. so it could be true but some guys like girls who can defend themselves.
All my sisters took martial arts during their teens every summer.Our dad would support them 100% because dad believe that its their way to protect themselves against those who wanted to take advantage of them.
I'm confused about what you're asking...





But there's nothing wrong with a girl learning martial arts. In fact, I encourage women to learn it for self defense. It's also just cool and really fun to learn.
most of the men or parents of villages,will not allow girls.but the educated parents allow.
There are 5 girls at my BJJ school and I think all but 1 of them could demolish me. So I have no idea what you are saying.
I dont think girls need to learn it.
myself i am all for women learning martial arts i an a trainer myself so i do believe that girls should learn and so they can protect them self so if they wanna go out they can stay safe
  • make up tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment