Friday, July 30, 2010

What is the legal age a child can stay home alone for 2 Weeks while parents are on holiday?

I want to go on holiday next year but my son doesn't want to go and is causing a fuss. I trust that he will be able to look after himself and keep the house safe but I am unsure if it would be legal to leave him alone for 2 weeks. He will be 16 and nearly 17 when I go on holiday.What is the legal age a child can stay home alone for 2 Weeks while parents are on holiday?
Hi,





I think at 16 he can be left at home alone as you can move out at 16.





Question really is, do you feel he is mature enough to be left at home...





Meaning can you trust him to have your home in one piece when you get home?!





Most teenagers at this age see an empty home as being the place to party! ... think booze, kids throwing up all over your house, randy teenagers using your bed to have sex, broken furniture, burnt carpets, scratched surfaces ect...





If you trust him then there no harm in getting a family member to check on him regularly, get him enough money, food in and give him numbers for emergencies ect.





Draw up house rules - what he is allowed and not allowed to do - ect can he have friends to stay over ect...





If he still in school /college or working can he be sure to get up in morning?





If you unsure see if he can stay with a family member for a week.





Failing that he is your son and so that means your rules as he not yet an adult and that would mean taking him on the holiday!





LxWhat is the legal age a child can stay home alone for 2 Weeks while parents are on holiday?
my parents went on holiday without me and i was 16 but i would say that under 16 and still at school would not be a good idea i was just going into the sixth form when they went and i had only just turned 16
my parents use togo away for weekends etc when i was 16 and sis was 13. i always thought 16 as you can apply to local authority for housing.
he's legally old enough but you need him to prove he's responsible enough. Let him cook for the family, do his own laundry etc them you wont be worried about him coping alone. Also consider if there's a friend or family member who can keep a non intrusive eye on him while you're gone.
look..at 16 you cn ahve your own house, have kids have a job etc


whats the fuss about leaving him for 2 weeks??


get a grip and let your child growup!
At this age I am sure it is legal to be left alone but whether it would be a good idea is more the question, if you can trust him not to throw wild parties you should leave him but when I was that age if me or my friends were left at home we had parties, my nephew at that age set fire to the garage with candles (an accident)
not 100% sure, but surely if you can leave home at 16 (which you deffinatly can in uk), you can legally be left at home alone.
my parent left me home alone this summer for one week while they were on holiday with my two sisters. I am 16, will be 17 at the end of the yr. I didn't have any house parties as i knew my parents would never trust me again if i did. I would say leaving your son home alone at 16 is fine
yeah that's legal, i think the age is 16, good luck xx

No comments:

Post a Comment