Friday, July 30, 2010

How am I going to ask my parents?

O.K. Well, I currently take acting but I know that I am going to quit after this year, it is too late at night and I have too much other homework; it's just too stressful. I always wanted to take ballroom dancing. But my parents may not approve of it, actually, they probably won't. They'll think I'm really strange. (I'm a girl, by the way.) It also may be too expensive, but I don't think that it is all that much more than acting. I just know that they won't let me, but despite that, how am I going to tell them that it is something I want to do? Without the whole thing turning into one big awkward mess?How am I going to ask my parents?
Sit down with them and talk to them like an adult don't through any fits and really listen to what they have to say they may have a genuine concern but let them know what it would mean to you.How am I going to ask my parents?
First of all, your parents will be disappointed that you're dropping something that they feel you've worked at to do well in. That's usually how parents all, but just try to get to them to understand that acting just isn't for you anymore.





Also, if you're still in high school and they're paying for your acting classes, they may not want to pay more for ball-room dancing (if it's too much more).





Thinking from a parent's standpoint, I would prefer that my child take acting over ball-room dancing (simply because I can't think of too much you could do with the latter), but they should be sensitive to your interests.





Just remember that it will take a bit of time to convince them that you should take the dancing. I doubt that they will like it right away, but just stay strong. Best wishes.
MY daughter did take dancing lessons, she did this for two years. I thought she was good at it too. Then one day she wanted to give it up and take up the violin. I wasn't sure I like her choice but I wasn't mine to make. She needs to do what makes her happy. She has been playing it for 5yrs now. She loves it. Let them know what will make you happy, they will support you.
I don't see why any parents wouldn't support their childrens decisions I support whaat my oldest daughter wants to do. I would just talk with them over dinner or when ever it is your family gets together to talk and tell them how you are feeling. I mean the worst they can say is no they won't send you to the dungeon for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment