Friday, July 30, 2010

How do i break it to my parents that im not a christian?

I've been raised a good little christian kid, my brother is fixing to become a minister, my dad keeps wanting me to go to church, and my mom's fixing to get baptized. I don't dislike Christian ideas ( for the most part) but it just doesn't suit me. I'm leaning towards buddhism, but I don't know how to break it to my family. I know some families might not freak, but mine would make me do more stuff with the church and preach to me.How do i break it to my parents that im not a christian?
Caboose is right you should defiantly wait until you are able to live on your own. That way you won't have to worry about your parents kicking you out of the house.


Just stay low and if you want to you can secretly practice Buddhism (by studying about it through books, and the internet) if you want.





I had to go through something similar. (I was raised fundamentalist Christian and then decided to return to the faith that my mother left: Judaism. I bided my time by reading about Judaism until the day I was able to leave home and live on my own.)How do i break it to my parents that im not a christian?
If you don't enjoy it now, and if you are sure that is what they will do if you tell them, best to just suck it up and deal with what you have now instead of adding more to it
If you must, try:





';I'm sorry, I know this will disappoint you, but this is important to me. I no longer believe in the christian faith or wish to follow it. I sincerely respect your beliefs and only ask that you respect mine';.
Wait until you can live on your own. Then they can't do a thing to you.
If your family is of the kind of family that sit down together regularly in what some call a family counsel, then that would be the time to tell the family that you find yourself drifting away from Christianity and towards the principles of Buddhism.





They may express disappointment at your revelation, but you would be telling the truth and not engaging in deception, and they ought to be able to get over any disappointments they have and be thankful that you are following a spiritual path dictated by your conscience.





QUILL

No comments:

Post a Comment