Friday, July 30, 2010

What are good articles or sites for parent with depressed teens?

I was diagnosed with depression a couple months ago and I don't think my mom understands how real it is and keeps scolding me when I act sad, which in turn doesn't help me with my depression at all.What are good articles or sites for parent with depressed teens?
Sorry to hear you have depression, I know it's not the nicest thing in the world. I have depression myself, I'm not sure where you live, but in Australia we have an initiative called Beyond Blue (www.beyondblue.org.au) I found it to be a really helpful site and there is also a link for a Youth Depression initiative (ybblue). There is also a site called depression.com and it has all sorts of information about living with the condition and how medications work :)





The site is great to help better understand your depression and can help you find treatments that suit you best. There are forums where you can chat to people who are just like you and people who have recovered from depression. :)





Maybe by showing your mother this information can help her to understand the condition also. I know where you are coming from, and trust me, it does get better, it might take a while and a lot of work and perserverance, but it does get better.





Hope this helps, and good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment