Friday, July 30, 2010

How would I go about emancipating my parents?

I need to get everything like filled out before I tell them. So cna someone tell me how from start to finish?


How would I go about emancipating my parents?
I agree with the poster above me. The emancipation process is long, costly, and difficult. If you're not married or joining the military, the emancipation process becomes more difficult. You're going to have to go to court and make sure you have the following 6 qualifications:





1) You're NOT, I repeat NOT living with your parents (this qualification alone has probably already put a halt on your plans). That doesn't mean you can't go live with a friend and say you're not living with your parents. Technically, you still are.





2) You must be at least 14 years old.





3) You're parents MUST approve of you becoming an emancipated minor.





4) You must have control of your finances. Meaning, you must have your own job, and make your own money AND already be paying for your own necessities (housing, food, clothing, etc)





5) Your source of income must be legal - no under the table jobs or drug deals or whatever. You'll be required to show documentation of a legal job that pays good enough money for you to support yourself





6) The emancipation must be in YOUR best intrest. Meaning if you're pissed at your parents because they won't let you stay out till 3 in the morning and want to be ';on your own';, well, the judge will deny your request. I'd imagine most minors who are emancipated have extenuating circumstances, such as their parents moved to a different country and the child stayed her to continue school and such.





I'd probably be easier to just until your 18. Trust me, that birthday will be coming around soon enough. And as soon as it does and you become wholly responsible for your self and your finances, you're going to wish you could go back.





Sorry if I sounded harsh, but it's the truth.How would I go about emancipating my parents?
First, you have to have good reason. Not liking their rules isn't one of them. Next, you have to have a way to support yourself. Emancipation is a long, costly procedure, and you will likely turn 18 before the emancipation goes through. You also have to get a lawyr.





Edit: I'm shocked a landlord would rent to a minor. Or are you on the lease? If not, you run the risk of being prosecuted for living there illegally.
I think you mean you want to become an emancipated minor. Here are some sites that might be useful.





http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-emanc鈥?/a>


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipatio鈥?/a>


http://answers.uslegal.com/category.php?鈥?/a>





I wish you the best. Think hard about if this decision is right for you, because it will probably make your life more difficult than it is right now.
Issue an emancipation proclamation to free your parents like Abraham Lincoln when he freed the slaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment